So the other day I had a bit of a surprise when I looked on my Twitter and saw that I’d been nominated for my first ever blogger award!
I can’t thank Laura enough for the nomination, she’s been so lovely to me and supportive ever since we started following each other on Twitter a few months ago. And she has such an amazing blog (Autumn’s Mummy), so do make sure you go and give it a read!
The mystery blogger award is a tag created by Okoto Enigma as a way to find out more about other bloggers. I am over the moon to be nominated for this (and weirdly a little nervous) but here goes…
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
Three things about me
I thought for these, I’d try to list some things that you may not know about me. Whilst it would be super easy for me to rattle on about Disney, I thought I’d steer clear of that because I talk about it so much on here.
1. I love reading! I’m quite a slow reader and I also don’t dedicate as much of my time to reading as I’d like to but I absolutely adore it. I probably own about 150 books but I only usually manage to get through a maximum of 2-3 a month so I always have so many unread books on my shelf. If you’re a big fan of books too, you can be my friend on Goodreads and follow my progress!
2. I aspire to work in the theatre. I’m not really sure what kind of job, but anything either backstage or admin related would suit me just fine. Theatre has always been a huge part of my life, and I’d love to give back to the industry that I adore so much.
3. I am an introvert through and through. I really enjoy just spending time alone, and get very very nervous when I meet new people. People often don’t realise I’m so introverted because when I get nervous I nervous chatter and make jokes and do things that are so not me. I really value my personal space and privacy and can get really stressed out if I’m constantly surrounded by people and don’t get any alone time. I do love making friends though, and just because I’m introverted, it doesn’t mean that I’m not friendly!
1. What’s one food you hate and why?
Mushrooms! It’s so cliché because I feel like so many people hate them but I do too! I don’t like the flavour of them and I absolutely hate their slimy texture. I’m quite fussy when it comes to food so there were loads of choices for me to pick from but mushrooms are something I’ve always hated and can’t ever imagine enjoying.
2. What is your favourite song?
Circle of Life from The Lion King. I love Disney songs and I love The Lion King, but this song in particular is just outstanding. It’s so well written, so powerful and it has the ability to both make me feel empowered and move me to tears.
3. Where would you like to be with your blog this time next year?
I’d like it to still be going. I know I have a tendency to get bored and forgetful quite easily, and I’m tried blogging a few times before and never really lasted at it. This is the longest I’ve kept it up so far, and I started it for a very specific and personal reason (one I’ll probably go into in another blog post at some point) so I want to keep it going. I’d also love to see it grow, both in quality of content and number of readers.
4. Describe your favourite shoes.
My favourite shoes are my Woody ones from the Toy Story/Vans collaboration. They look like Woody with the same denim, yellow and red flannel and black and white cow print patterns. And my favourite part is that they have Andy written on the sole of one of the shoes. I was absolutely desperate to get them when the collection came out, so much so, that I didn’t wear them for months when I got them because I didn’t want to damage them in any way.
5. Is there a particular blog post you’ve enjoyed recently?
I’ve recently discovered (actually the day of writing this) Sarah from Sarah in Wonderland. I got hooked by the title of her latest blog post, I’m not a wheelchair and subsequently spent the morning binging through old posts on her blog. This particular post really made me think about the terminology I use when referring to wheelchair users, and I loved the style she’d written it in. It’s definitely worth a read, as is the rest of her blog which is filled with equally thought-provoking posts, beauty reviews, and witty personal posts.
My Questions for the people I’ve nominated
1. What is your favourite Disney film, and why?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world next, where would it be?
3. Who would you invite to your celebrity fantasy dinner party?
4. If you could be a fictional character (from film, tv, books or games) for a day, who would it be?
5. Make me laugh! What’s your cheesiest chat up line, or cringiest joke?
Thanks for joining me for this, and hopefully you learnt something new about me. Here are the lovely people I tag next for this. Fingers crossed you haven’t already been tagged or completed this. But when you do complete it, make sure to tag me in it and let me know so I can read your answers!